If you want to increase your home’s value, whether because you are looking to make it better for your family or are contemplating selling it soon, you may want to consider improving your home's landscaping. Not only will this add value to your home, but it will also help make it look more appealing, which means more money for you when you go to sell. Some factors you have to consider are size, design, and budget. If you aren’t sure where to start, keep reading, we have some tips for you.
Types of landscaping that you could choose from
● Landscaped gardens with plants and flowers
● Landscaped gardens with rocks and water features
● Landscaped gardens with lawns and trees
Tips to start landscaping
● Before you begin planting your garden, it is important to create a plan for your landscape. Sketch your yard to see the areas you want to focus on. Consider your budget and what areas you'd like to emphasize. For example, you can add a splash of color around the entryway or create privacy with privet hedges.
● You should consider using low hedging around the edges of your garden to help define space. You can also use a trellis or a line of dense planting to add structure to the yard. When using low hedging, remember that plants can take several years to cover it, so make sure to keep this in mind before planting. And remember that plants need space to grow. You don't want to end up with a garden that doesn't look right.
● You can plant lavender around pathways and flower beds. It will add a calming scent to your home and frame the approach to your front door. Lavender also attracts pollinators, it has fragrant flower spikes in blue, white, and mauve colors. The flowering season will last all summer, so this flower is perfect for landscaping around a tree. You can also use lavender for edging.
● Even the smallest front yards can benefit from a landscape makeover. A well-rounded landscape will attract visitors and make it look welcoming. Create a solid path for entry and plant flowers. Add patterned stones and pavers to the pathway, and you've got an outdoor area that's beautiful and welcoming. You can also include a seating area with big rocks. Once you have finished your landscaping, it will be ready to welcome family and friends.
● Your landscaping should complement your home, not clash with it. For example, if your home has modern mountain architecture, you should work on a landscape that echoes it with clean lines of compact evergreens and geometrically-placed plants. Similarly, concrete paths and gravel beds will reflect the symmetry and balance of your home.
● Landscape lighting is a great way to make your home look attractive at night. Installing landscape lighting will highlight your home's best attributes and create a welcoming atmosphere for passersby. A water feature can be part of a garden or a standalone feature. If you decide to install one, make sure to clean it regularly.
● The best way to maintain your lawn is to fertilize it regularly and water it well. You should also be sure to mow it often so that the grass doesn't get too long. We recommend installing an irrigation system to keep your lawn and plants hydrated.
Home landscaping is an important step in the process of maintaining a beautiful and classy home. The curb appeal is the first thing people notice, and a well-maintained home will have a better chance of selling.
At Unison Supply, we have all the tools and equipment you need for your home landscaping. You can purchase them online or visit our warehouse in the City of Industry, California. We offer the most professional and cost-effective arborist equipment for sale. Contact us for more information!